Our common flexible packaging, such as stand-up pouches, square bottom bags, weed bags, coffee bags, etc., all use composite packaging materials. How to peel it off to facilitate inspection and testing? Honest will teach you how to strip.
1. Cut a small slit along the 15mm width of the sample with scissors, pinch the edges of the upper and lower ends of the cut sample with both hands, and continue to stretch the sample gently along the slit. Due to the different materials, its elongation The rate will be different, and it is easy to find the layer that needs to be peeled off;
2. Gently slash the cut sample with a wallpaper knife, do not scratch the layer to be peeled off. For the scratched sample, slowly peel off the composite layer to be peeled off with the fingernail of the thumb;
3. According to the different elongation at break of the composite layer material, cut the sample slightly longer, and stretch the sample as if it were tensile strength. Due to the different elongation at the fracture of the sample, the breaking point of each layer will be different and then peel off at the break. However, it should be noted that the sample for peel strength test should not be stretched;
4. The composite film can be heat-sealed, and then made into a 15mm wide sample. Hold both ends of the sealed sample with both hands, and stretch it hard, the heat-sealed part will be pulled apart, and you may find a piece to be peeled off. composite layer.
Precautions during peeling
1. When the sample is peeled off, only the head of 1-2mm can be peeled off, which requires cutting the peeled part into a corner, and then slowly peeling off the sample along the corner.
2. When peeling off the sample, pay attention to protecting the weaker composite layer. During the specific operation, unfold the two layers of the composite layer and apply a little force to the thicker composite layer. The thinner composite layer (with a thickness of only 0.012mm) cannot be used. Otherwise the thinner composite layer will pull off.
3. The thin composite layer should also be protected during the test on the machine, otherwise the sample that can be peeled off completely will be pulled off after the machine is put on, so it cannot be tested.
4. Generally, the PE layer has a large elongation rate and is easy to peel off when comparing the price. Thinner BOPP and PET are not easy to break.